Group leader position (G5)
Creation of new junior research groups at Institut Pasteur
The INCEPTION program would particularly welcome projects in the following fields:
- Sequence analysis
- Machine learning
- Data management and analysis
- Systems biology
- Precision medicine
- The primary focus of the call is on computational and statistical analysis of biological “big data”, typically produced by New Generation Sequencing (NGS) and -omics technologies. Nevertheless, all modeling and computational approaches addressing biological questions closely related to the INCEPTION program areas are eligible.
A highly attractive package matching the experience of the successful candidate will be provided, including salaries (principal investigator, permanent bioinformatician/biostatistician, post-doctoral fellowships), a substantial contribution to equipment and computing facilities and annual running costs. Support for relocation expenses will also be provided.
Informal inquiries related to the INCEPTION program should be addressed to Inception-CallG5@pasteur.fr
Interdisciplinary research project call
Inception Interdisciplinary research project call (P2I)
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, combining biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences ...
- The cross-cutting nature must be clearly demonstrated as well as its added value to answer the questions addressed in the project
- Collaboration between two or more teams in complementary areas of expertise
- One of the teams carrying the project must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The
- other team (s) must be affiliated to the Institut Pasteur or to one of the partners of
- Projects may also include the participation of additional, unaffiliated teams in one of the
- INCEPTION partners. However, the budget allocated by INCEPTION will not cover the
- expenses of such partners for the implementation of the project. The call is open to all Institut Pasteur teams and partner institutes.
Informal inquiries related to the INCEPTION program should be addressed to Inceptionemail@example.com
Interdisciplinary PhD call
Inception Interdisciplinary PhD call (D2I)
The selection of projects will be made in two stages and will be based on the following criteria :
- Quality and interdisciplinary nature of the project
- Scientific excellence of supervisors and host teams
- Academic excellence of the student (good basic knowledge in biology, interest in life sciences and medical applications, solid training in the following fields : mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences)
The selected projects will fall within the main subjects of the INCEPTION program and will have to meet the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary project on the emergence of pathologies, associating biology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, social sciences ...
- The cross-cutting nature must be clearly demonstrated and its added value to answer the questions addressed in the project.
- Co-supervision between two teams belonging to complementary fields of competence
- At least one of the project teams must be affiliated with the Institut Pasteur (Paris); The other team (s) must be affiliated to one of the INCEPTION partners.
Informal inquiries related to the INCEPTION program should be addressed to INCEPTION_PHD2018@pasteur.fr
Workshop/training/Visiting scientist call
The INCEPTION Workshop/Training/Visiting Scientist call aims to strengthen existing networks, to build new networks of national and international cross cooperation and to encourage the exchange of ideas and concepts in all the areas relevant to the INCEPTION program. Using Integrative Biology, Social Science and Data Science, the INCEPTION program aims to understand the Emergence of Diseases in Populations and in Individuals, gathering different fields of expertise (biology, medicine, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, and social sciences). It is addressing societal challenges related to diseases emergence as:
- Global surveillance and monitoring
- Multi-scale analyses , integrating the ecosystem
- Social sphere to define health policies
- New methodological approaches to make sense of biological big data
All workshop/Training/Visiting Scientist proposals on topics within the frame of the INCEPTION program, will be considered.
Informal inquiries related to the INCEPTION program should be addressed to Inceptionfirstname.lastname@example.org.